7 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Agriculture (Farm4me #1)
Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness- ADAMA J. ADAMA
Hello readers, greetings to you all. Welcome to the first edition of this Agriculture series – INVEST IN AGRICULTURE.
Why you should invest in Agriculture? The aim is to encourage our listeners and others that will see this post to invest in Agriculture. I believe this is also one of the solutions to the financial problem the sector is facing.
Every one of us know that Agricultural sector has the lowest number of investors and has experienced little technology improvement. Farm4me chat with several people, most especially youth revealed that little is known about the effect Agriculture can have on one’s life, a country, a continent and the world at large. This account for the low number of investors in the Agricultural sector with other factors playing there part also. The Agricultural sector has a lot of virtues and potential which the average man is not aware of. You can Google our website (Farm4me.com.ng) for facts that revealed the importance of agriculture to livelihood.
It is the backbone of man survival and livelihood. It has been claimed to be more effective in alleviating poverty than any sector.
WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN AGRICULTURE:
(1) NEED FOR FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL MATERIALS: Food is one of the basic needs of human as they cannot do without it. Agriculture being the main source of food creates an opportunity for a good businessman/woman to make wealth by investing in it. Also the global population is increasing daily likewise food consumption. However there is no equilibrium between food consumption and food production thus resulting in food scarcity. To save the world from future food disaster there must be a large inflow of investors into the agricultural sector thereby creating a source of income for smart investors who will invest in the sector.
You should know that hunger is expensive, so a good government will try to avert food crises. A good example is the case of Niger where the accumulated expenditures to deal with there last two food crises amounted to 404.29 billion CFA francs
Also many company rely on certain agricultural materials for production and services such as companies that produce juices and canned foods.
(2) LOW NUMBER OF INVESTORS: As I said earlier, the sector presently is characterized with low number of investors which is a good opportunity to make wealth and also feed the nation as there will be low competition. It also creates wealth by selling agricultural products, creating new agriculture technology innovations as well as manufacturing and maintenance of machines and implements.
As an investor you can invest by:
Establishing a farm,
Investing in farm through loans and credits,
Buying of stocks of agricultural companies,
(3) SOURCE OF EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYER OF LABOUR: Agriculture over the years has provided jobs for many people mostly youths, still providing jobs and will continue to provide jobs. The jobs opportunities are numerous ranging from farm attendants to farm labourers and so on. It can also make you an employer of labour.
(4) FOCUS ON OTHER ECONOMIES: The government of many countries has neglected Agriculture for other sectors which have led to massive increase in import of Agricultural commodities. So investing in Agriculture can also provide opportunity for export trading.
(5) POVERTY REDUCTION: It is eleven times more effective to alleviate poverty than any sector. So if you are someone who has the wellbeing of the masses in your mind like me, agriculture is the best option.
(6) LAND: Land is a factor of production appreciates faster over years. According to fischersfarmservices website, on average, farmland value has a long term appreciation rate of about 5% to 6%. Also most of agriculture land (arable land) are in the rural areas where land are cheaper compared to urban areas.
(7) EASY TO START UP/START SMALL OPPORTUNITY: It provides opportunity to start small compared to other business that requires large starting capital. It is also easy to start by getting a land and planting whatever you want to plant or rear animals on it.
For your mechanise farming, farm4me is always at your service.
Okodeje Ada Solomon